A dental implant is a small post, usually made of titanium, that substitutes the root of the tooth and fuses with your jawbone.
Missing Teeth? Dental Implants May Be the Solution
A dental implant is a small post, usually made of titanium, that substitutes the root of the tooth and fuses with your jawbone. A connector, known as an abutment, is placed on top of the post to support an artificial tooth such as a crown, bridge, or denture.
When a tooth is lost due to injury or disease, people experience complications such as:
- Rapid bone loss
- Defective speech
- Changes to chewing patterns that result in discomfort.
Replacing a lost tooth with an implant significantly improves your quality of life and oral health.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
Getting an Implant can be a long journey, but it will bring huge benefits! The implant itself placed in the jawbone as an artificial root
- Preserves the health of surrounding bone and gums. A customized crown covering the abutment to emulate the visible tooth
- Improves quality of life, restores confidence
- Stimulate bone and prevent jaw deterioration
- Safe long-term solution
- Restores ability to chew and talk correctly
Types of Dental Implants:
There are different types of implants available:
- Single implant - Replaces both the lost natural tooth and its root. Best option without sacrificing the health of neighboring teeth. It can be placed anywhere in the mouth. Cost is more predictable.
- Multiple implants - Not every tooth being replaced has an implant post-replacing it. One or more implants on each side support all the teeth in between. The total cost is lower than single implants.
- Full Arch (All-on-4/All-on-6) - Placing a full arch supported by 4 or 6 implants per arch. It is more invasive but an excellent option for patients with more teeth missing. Cost varies depending on each patient.
Each option involves different stages, timing, and budgets. Depending on your specific condition, your dentist will help you choose the most appropriate one and create a tailored treatment plan.
What is the Treatment Process Like?
Dental implant surgery is an outpatient surgery performed in stages, with variable healing time between procedures. Placing a dental implant involves multiple steps, so the number of trips you will make varies depending on the steps needed. These could be:
Evaluation and Preparation
- Initial consultation to assess candidacy.
- Bone graft/ Sinus Lift if required. It takes about 1-4 months to heal.
- Minor surgery to precisely place the implant into the jawbone. This takes 6-12 weeks to heal.
- Time for the implant to fuse with the bone during healing
- Placement of the abutment and custom crown once healed. This takes up to 4 weeks to complete.
- Periodic follow-up visits to ensure optimal results.
Generally, the surgical procedure to place the implant takes about 1 hour per implant. The healing process varies from patient to patient. If getting Dental Implants abroad, from start to finish, the dental process takes about 3 round trips and 6–8 months (depending on the type of implant).
Who is a candidate?
Implants provide a healthy tooth replacement option for adults of all ages, whether you:
- Were born without a tooth
- Have had teeth removed due to injury, infection, or decay
- Need teeth extractions for the reasons mentioned above
There are few contraindications to implant placement. However, each patient presents unique features, and your surgeon's clinical and radiographic evaluation will ultimately determine the risk factors affecting the implant outcomes.
How much does it cost in the US?
Globalcare connects you with high-quality providers and clinics offering affordable Dental Implants in Mexico for US Patients as the cost of quality dental implants in Mexico is far lower than in the US, leading to significant cost savings:
Dental implants in Mexico: $800 - $1,700
Dental Implants in the US: $3,500 - $8,000
We facilitate access to affordable and high-quality dental implants in top locations like Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Our services include:
- Vetted dentists and facilities
- Dental implant packages
- Support throughout
In summary, dental implants can provide an effective solution for missing teeth. The best way to determine if you meet the criteria is to schedule a consultation with a dental implant dentist. They will evaluate your specific case to advise if you are a suitable candidate for a single dental implant.