Get Your Damaged Tooth Restored with a Dental Crown. If you have a tooth that is cracked, decayed, or otherwise damaged, getting a dental crown can help restore its structure and function. Learn what crowns are and whether they may be right for you.
Get Your Damaged Tooth Restored with a Dental Crown
If you have a tooth that is cracked, decayed, or otherwise damaged, getting a dental crown can help restore its structure and function. Learn what crowns are and whether they may be right for you.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” placed over a damaged tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. The custom-fabricated crown fully encases the tooth's visible part down to the gum line once cemented in place. Typical situations where crowns are needed include:
- Severely decayed or fractured teeth
- Following a root canal procedure
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover a dental implant
Crowns reinforce and protect damaged teeth that cannot be adequately restored with fillings alone.
Types of Crowns:
Crowns can be made of:
- Metal alloys like gold or base metal alloys
- Porcelain fused to metal
- All-ceramic materials like porcelain or zirconia
What is the treatment process like?
Getting a crown involves:
- Exam to assess the damaged tooth and the need for a crown
- Filing the tooth down to accommodate the crown
- Taking impressions to make the custom crown. This would take up to ten days.
- Cementing the fabricated crown onto the prepared tooth
- Checkups to ensure a good fit. This takes upto two days to complete
If getting Dental Crowns abroad, the treatment usually takes 2 round trips or one extended round trip of 12 days for both phases.
Who is a candidate?
Ideal candidates for Dental crowns are those who have a damaged tooth:
- Is in danger of fracturing or falling apart
- Needs reinforcement after a root canal
- Will need a crown to support a bridge
- Will need a crown to hold an implant in place
How much does it cost in the US?
Globalcare connects you with high-quality providers and clinics offering affordable Dental Crowns in Mexico for US Dental Tourists, as the cost of quality dental crowns in Mexico is much more economical than in the US. Some examplesof dental crown costs:
- Dental crowns in Mexico: $250 - $600 per crown
- Dental crowns in the USA: $800 - $1500 per crown
We facilitate access to affordable, high-quality dental crowns for US patients in desired locations like Cancun, Mexico. Our services include:
- Vetted dentists and certified dental crown facilities in Mexico
- Dental crown packages covering procedures, travel, accommodations
- Support throughout the dental tourism experience
Schedule a consultation with an experienced dentist to determine if you are suitable for Crowns.